Data adapters form the center of communication from the client to the server. They provide all the logic for retrieving data from the server, apply changes back to the server and handle any other data-related communication with the server such as retrieving business rules scripts or schema information. Additionally, they know how to handle reconciliation problems.
Data Abstract provides two versions of data adapters:
- Remote Data Adapters are used for communication with a remote server in multi-tier applications.
- Local Data Adapters are used for communication with a local server in two-tier applications (Database tier and Client tier) or for implementing quite sophisticated business rules in multi-tier applications.
- Data Abstract Architecture
- Schemas — Data Tables — Column Mappings
- Deltas — Updates — Connections — Drivers
- Data Adapters – Data Streamers — Business Processors
- DA SQL — DA LINQ — Dynamic Select — Dynamic Where
- Data Types
- Business Rules Scripting
- Schema Modeler — DA SQL Data Browser — Relativity — Server Explorer for Mac