Technologies of Data Abstract
In this section we look deeper at the technologies that make Data Abstract the premier framework for developing database applications.
Below is a short description of the technologies, and you are invited to click on the topics to learn more:
- AutoIncs in Data Abstract are designed to hide & encapsulate standard RDBM details so that multiple databases can be supported without you worrying about the implementation.
- DA SQL explores a technology introduced in Data Abstract that gives the full flexibility of
SQLwithout giving up the control held in the middle-tier.
- DA LINQ used by Data Abstract for .NET and in RemObject's Oxygene language, it is a way to use type-safe Query expressions.
- Dynamic Select is a way to minimize the data passed around when you request data from the middle-tier. Using Dynamic Select you are able to request date only from the columns you are interested in.
- Dynamic Where gives you a way to dynamically change the
WHEREclause that is sent to the middle-tier.
- Dynamic Method Binding gives you a way to connect you Data Abstract client applications to a custom defined remote service without limiting you to onlying using pre-defined interfaces.
- Macro Processor is a database agnostic macro language which is then converted to the appropriate SQL for a database.
- Business Processors handles the delta changes sent from the client to the middle-tier and executes the appropriate
INSERT, DELETE and UPDATESQL commands.
- Briefcase is a mechanism that Data Abstract provides to persist data locally, so that clients can store data between runs and enable your users to quickly start using your application while data is updated in the background.
- LoginEx provides a common login service interface.