Technologies of Data Abstract
In this section we look deeper at the technologies that make Data Abstract the premier framework for developing database applications.
Below is a short description of the technologies, and you are invited to click on the topics to learn more:
- All in one fetch is a feature that was introduced to allow you to optimize network traffic for fetching records for master and details in one server call.
- AutoIncs in Data Abstract are designed to hide & encapsulate standard RDBM details so that multiple databases can be supported without you worrying about the implementation.
- Briefcase is a mechanism that Data Abstract provides to persist data locally, so that clients can store data between runs and enable your users to quickly start using your application while data is updated in the background.
- Business Processors handles the delta changes sent from the client to the middle-tier and executes the appropriate
INSERT, DELETE and UPDATESQL commands.
- DA SQL explores a technology introduced in Data Abstract that gives the full flexibility of
SQLwithout giving up the control held in the middle-tier.
- DA LINQ used by Data Abstract for .NET and in RemObject's Oxygene language, it is a way to use type-safe Query expressions.
- Dynamic Method Binding gives you a way to connect you Data Abstract client applications to a custom defined remote service without limiting you to onlying using pre-defined interfaces.
- Dynamic Select is a way to minimize the data passed around when you request data from the middle-tier. Using Dynamic Select you are able to request date only from the columns you are interested in.
- Dynamic Where gives you a way to dynamically change the
WHEREclause that is sent to the middle-tier.
- Data Abstract File Types covers the files used and generated by Data Abstract tools and client applications.
- LoginEx provides a common login service interface.
- Macro Processor is a database agnostic macro language which is then converted to the appropriate SQL for a database.
- Reconcile Dialog provides a User Interface to handle update failures automatically and intuitively. Presenting update failures in an intuitive manner is not a simple task, as the end user often isn't aware (and shouldn't need to be aware) of the implementation details of the database.