Concepts of Data Abstract
In this section we explore many of the concepts that under-pin Data Abstract and are used throughout it.
- Remoting SDK is the foundation upon which Data Abstract is built. This topic takes a deeper look at what Remoting SDK is and the components that make it up.
- Servers looks at the two types of servers Data Abstract provides for the middle-tier; Relativity Server and a Custom Server.
- DataServices is the glue that bonds together the ConnectionManager, the Schema and the DataStreamer.
- DataTypes lists the Data Abstract data types and their mappings to specific languages.
- DatabaseKeys discusses the Primary and Foreign keys on the database level.
- Connections are the link between the middle-tier server and the backend database.
- Schemas define a set of data tables that are exposed to client applications, and define the structures and relationships to the backend database.
- Relationships are used to define connections between fields in one table to those in another table; like in Relational Databases
- DataAdapters are the basis of communication between your client applications and the middle-tier, regardless of whether that middle-tier is running on the local machine or on a remote server.
- DataStreamers handle encoding and decoding of the data between the client & server applications.
- Deltas are a collection of one or more DeltaChanges which contain information regarding the changes to the data table.
- Updates looks at what happens when you are creating update deltas on the client side and when the server receives the updates and applies the changes. On top of that there are update rules which give control over how the updates are applied.